The first stage of implemented changes should be the implementation of an effective communication system with all team members. This is a fundamental task from the point of view of implementing further changes. The diagnosis of the current communication system may indicate the following dysfunctions:
- No regular meetings with the management of the sales department, and no wider meetings with all employees in the department,
- Lack of any system of reporting commercial activities to the supervisor except financial data automatically generated by the system,
- Lack of use of available system tools to record and analyze commercial activities,
- Lack of standard internal electronic correspondence.
In connection with the identified dysfunctions that prevent efficient management of the team, the manager should establish a system of meetings and briefings with sales department employees in order to:
- Transmission and consultation of decisions,
- Receiving feedback on problems,
- Informing employees about long-term goals and tasks,
- Informing employees about results and progress in strategic areas.